What is inspiration? To be honest this post came to me because this past week I’ve been waffling a bit in my blogging endeavour. At first my biggest fear with starting a blog was that no one would read it, and now that I’m two months in (well that absolutely flew by!) the fact that people actually are reading it was scaring me more! I’ve been shying away from conversations and questions about my blog, which is silly! I put time and effort and hope into this, I should be happy to talk about it. I want to push myself outside of my comfort zone because that is where growth happens. I want to challenge myself and reach goals and hopefully touch other people on my way there. I don’t want a fear of failure to keep me where I am…
So back to inspiration – to me inspiration is something that gets you excited, gets your creative juices flowing, and makes you want to do better! It makes you think big and dream big and puts your hopes that drive you above your fears that want to hold you back.
Here are a few things that have been inspiring me lately:
- Literally all of the sparkly holiday things that are starting to be everywhere make me so happy!
- Having a conversation with a stranger over supper last night, it was just me and my little monkey waiting to pick Bryn up from the ferry. The little one has been super clingy lately which can be so tiring (this is in part due to teething, and also we are away from home right now and were about 20 different places with a ton of different people in the span of four days, boy was I happy to get Bryn from the ferry last night!). This stranger who has a six and seven year old kept telling me how lucky I was because this is the very best age (13 months). I hope I can find things to love about all the stages and I have really been enjoying so much so far but I really needed that reminder from a stranger yesterday.
- All the amazing women out there carving their own spot in the business world and rocking it as entrepreneurs – I find that so seriously inspiring.
- People who are so unapologetically themselves, sometimes I am too apologetic and I need to take a page from their books!
- Sitting by a cozy fire at my in-laws in Pemby. My husband and I got married right in the spot where I sit writing this and it always reminds me of the day we got married. Our 4th anniversary was last week and our little one gave us a run for our money that day from 430am till almost 11pm (way out of the ordinary) and so needless to say there was no romance or alone time. I’m inspired to find new ways to express my love to my hubby in our new life as parents.
- Belting out Adele at the top of my lungs (with the music much louder than me so no one including me has to hear my voice), singing with abandon is awesome.
- Did a 5km run (with lots of walking too) on Saturday and I didn’t train at all prior but it wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be which has inspired me to add some more running to my life.
- My little one’s zest for life is always an inspiration- he is so interested in everything, trying new words, climbing new things, dancing around with no care for how he looks (obviously) but there is so much to be inspired about watching a child.
- I have such amazing friends. They inspire me all the time, a few of my closest oldest friends have been through serious rough patches lately but are coming out the other side so much stronger and with so much love and grace, that is the epitome of inspiration for me.
I could go on all day, but it would probably get boring. What inspires you? What scares you and holds you back and how do you get past it?